The Appearance Design Institute presents three levels of courses in our Education Program:
FOUNDATION LEVEL COURSES
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL COURSES
ADVANCED LEVEL COURSES
FOUNDATION LEVEL COURSES
Color and Appearance Design Principles - 4 days
Principles of Design: Balance, Proportion, Scale, Design Weight, Amount of Design, Rhythm,
Repetition, Emphasis, Harmony & Unity
- Personal Style in Appearance Design (related to Yin/Yang Concept) - Working with Color Quick™ Assessment Tool to establish personal colors - Working with Color Quick™ Assessment Tool to make appropriate makeup choices
This program, or equivalent as accepted by program directors, is a prerequisite for taking the Appearance Design Color System Training program.
A one-day power introduction to the basic principles of color.
Essential for any Image Consultant who wants a better understanding of the way colors work. Topics include:
- Hue and temperature - Value - Contrast - Intensity - Anatomy of color harmony - Color psychology - How to use color to make appropriate wardrobe choices
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL COURSES
Appearance Design Color System Training - 3 days
Formerly the Color Quick Personal Color System Training
We pack this three-day training program with all the color information and hands on experience you need to confidently use this personalized color system. You will leave excited and ready to establish this new income stream for your business. The Foundation Level Program, Elements and Principles of Appearance Design, (see below) is a pre-requisite of attending this 3-day training. (This pre-requisite may be waived upon submission of proof of equivalent training elsewhere. Verification of training curriculum will be required.)
Learning Outcomes for this 3-day program -
By the end of this training program you will be able to:
- Assess personal coloring. - Choose a beautiful palette of colors for your client. - Customize any of the 24 fans to meet the needs of the individual's coloring. - Consult with your client about how to use their colors effectively.
- Instructors will demonstrate color analysis. - Instructors will guide you as you practice color analysis on live models
The color system includes:
- 24 harmoniously assembled color fans, made of 17 sticks each, with four to five swatches on each stick. - Textures are varied for an authentic look and chosen to relate to the colors. - Printed instructional materials about how to use the system. - Forms needed to proceed through the analysis process, with the rights to reproduce. - Forms to give to your client to explain using their color fan, with the rights to reproduce. - Forms to use with your clients to explain their personal coloring and the effect of wearing their colors, with the rights to reproduce.
Some of our students have the following to say about the training and using the Appearance Design Color System:
"Chrisman and Lundell have created a genius color system that allows me to customize a unique palette of beautiful colors in a time efficient way. The many hours I now save allow me to focus on other important areas of service I provide for my clients. All consultants who do color analysis, both beginner and advanced can greatly benefit from this system."
- Linda Buckman, AICI CIP, Woodside, CA
"I couldn't be more thrilled with the Color System. I was astonished at how much I learned and how well prepared I felt after the training. It is easy to learn, can be customized, and my clients love the results."
- Stephanie Lovinger, San Rafael, CA.
"It's so interesting how your system takes you right to the best palette¦. It's so easy."
- Pat Gray, Los Altos, CA
DEEPEN YOUR COLOR UNDERSTANDING
Seasonal Harmony/Seasonal Sub-Types for Color Analysis - 2 days
Take your understanding to a new level! This two-day program explains how color, line, design, scale and style are expressed in each of the four seasons. You'll also learn about the sub-season types as defined by Suzanne Caygill, the creator of Seasonal Color Theory, and how other color experts currently employ them.
"Anyone who does color and design has to take this class! They may think they know it - but they don't know it like this!”
- Loretta Hamilton, CDI, Reno NV
Make-up and Skincare Training - 2 days
The Appearance Design Make-up and Skin Care line, presented by Integrity Cosmetics, available to supplement your Appearance Design Color System, will be introduced, demonstrated and application practiced! The basic set-up of make-up will be included in the tuition for this class. Contact Bev Dwane for more information.
Wardrobe Strategies / Illusion Dressing - 3 days
Learn the next level of principles of wardrobe planning and coordination; the use of accessories and jewelry; and how to build cores and capsules for travel or professional wardrobes. Course includes advanced study of body silhouettes, determining proportion, and how to camouflage figure challenges. (Color & Appearance Design Principles course is a pre-requisite. Pre-requisite may be waived upon submission of proof of equivalent training elsewhere. Verification of training curriculum will be required.)
Personal Style and Psychological Dressing - 2 days
"You never get a second chance to make a first impression." (Will Rogers) This course studies the use of clothing as an expression of personality. The various systems and types of personality dressing will be introduced and illustrated. Personality words will be selected for the students to create the appropriate look to accomplish their personal goals. Included in the course:
- Color Psychology: Common psychological and emotional reactions to color. - Natural Visual Impression: Formal and powerful or informal and approachable. Learn when to use these looks to the best advantage. - Fabrics: Fabrics and textures send different non-verbal messages and evoke different emotional responses. - Language of Clothing: Non-verbal messages sent by the use of style, color, texture and pattern. - Personal Style: Learn about the various systems that categorize personalities in appropriate styles. - Personality Exploration: Various typing systems will be introduced. - Personality Vocabulary: Develop a vocabulary that describes the various personality types and learn how to apply this vocabulary to express the
visual effects needed.
(Color & Appearance Design Principles course is a pre-requisite. Pre-requisite may be waived upon submission of proof of equivalent training elsewhere. Verification of training curriculum will be required.)
Closet and Wardrobe Organization - 2 days
Learn to assess the clothing in a closet and arrange the clothing in an efficient way; make wardrobe and shopping plans; and show clients how to make better use of their existing clothing. A demonstration of an actual closet analysis by the instructor is included in the class, plus student participation.
Personal Shopping for Women - 2 days
Learn the skills of shopping for clients, and each student will execute an actual shopping assignment for a partner in the store. The instructors give an evaluation of the clothing choices.
Advanced Color Analysis - 2 days
In depth color analysis and client techniques. The course offers an opportunity to bring your questions from your experience up to this point and have master color designers respond from their 30 years of experience. Also included:
- Advanced level psychological effects of various color combinations/color harmonies will be explored for the various color palettes/fans. - Additional work on customizing color palettes/fans. - Added colors will be made available.
Advanced Seasonal Harmony / Sub-Season Typing - 2 days
Additional work on clothing character and style suggestions for the various types (including historical influence). Also included:
- How to each year apply current fashion choices to each type - Re-visit at the next level how the design elements & principles apply to typing
Advanced Make-up and Skin Care Techniques - 2 days
The Appearance Design Make-up and Skin Care line, presented by Integrity Cosmetics, available to supplement your Appearance Design Color System, will be explored at an advanced level with new techniques and new products. Contact Bev Dwane for more information.
What some of our students have to say about the classes:
"My special thanks for all you have done that made it possible for me to study with your group...I enjoyed my classes...Thanks to my wonderful instructors for sharing their knowledge and experience with me."
- Irma Hardisurya, AICI CIP, Jakarta, Indonesia
"I am over the moon that I took the time to study with your group...the courses gave such real insight into understanding everyone's individual colour, harmony and style. It has provided me with a very exciting venture that I cannot wait to begin."
- Losaline McConachy, Lesmurdie, Australia
"Since graduating from your training classes...I have been busy developing the programme for our local requirements. I have been able to share knowledge I acquired...with a number of individuals, reputed organizations and business operators in Singapore and China."
- Lorraine Sims, Singapore
"I came away from my two and a half weeks of classes with awe and appreciation. The awe is to experience women so turned on to what they love and to demonstrate it so freely. The appreciation is that you have put in the time and energy into organizing the classes. Thank you for loving what you do and sharing it with others."
- Mary Wrable, Monroe, Washington